Picture above: A rock dionosaur and a real dinosaur: Steve Gibbons 2019 in Solnhofen, the place where Archaeopteryx was found.
The articles on this website will gradually be translated into English. If a contribution you are interested in has not yet been translated, please try again later.
- Back to the Roots: „Brum Rocked!“ is published (1999)
- The Steve Gibbons Band live on September 6th, 2020
- The Dylan Project: Steve Gibbons and Dave Pegg pack themselves and all Dylan fans a nice Christmas present (1997)
- From Birmingham via the Isle of Man to Memphis (from 1991 to 1993)
- „Chasing Tales“: Short stories in music that can (at least) keep up with Dylan’s „Rough and Rawdy Ways + Review on „Chasing Tales“ by Uli Twelker from Good Times Magazine.
- Steve Gibbons and the Beatles
- Archaeopderyx, Bambi & Rock`n`Roll: On the Road with the British Rock & Blues Explosion featuring Steve Gibbons and others (2019)
The Steve Gibbons Story
Here you will find information about the career of musician Steve Gibbons as well as current information. This in the following sections:
- Who’s Steve Gibbons? (quotes and reviews on Steve Gibbons)
- The Steve Gibbons Story (life and career, structured by decades, from the 1940s to the present)
- The 1940s: „Birmingham Blitz“ and unloved music lessons
- The 1950s: Elvis enters the Building
- The 1960s: From beat to psychedelia to rock: right in the middle of the „Brum“ scene – and a hit in Australia that doesn’t make money
- The 1970s: The decade of success: First a failed supergroup, then the first solo album, The Steve Gibbons Band emerges, „Tulane“ in the charts, world tour with The Who
- The 1980s: Rockin`all over the GDR: As the first white western rock band on tour in the GDR, appearance at the Rockpalast, „On stage“ with George Harrison
- The 1990s: Rockin`all over Europe, „Radio Silence“ breaks radio silence, pilgrimage to Memphis and comeback with The Dylan Project
- The 2000s At Abbey Road Studios with Elvis guitarist Scotty More and two Rolling Stones
- The 2010s: Great Britain, Germany, Scandinavia: Still on the road and success at home with „Brum Rocks
- The records (albums and singles on vinyl and as CD. DVDs can also be found here).
- Steve Gibbons live (announcements of gigs and concert reviews, but also information about TV appearances and concert recordings)
- Further sources (links and literature on Steve Gibbons and the Birmingham rock scene)
Here is a small excerpt from the concert in the center of Nuremberg (Nürnberg) before thousands of listeners who did enjoy a great gig in a beautiful summernight: